Who are we?
The Immigration Industry Association (IIA) is a Non-Profit Association formed by way of a Community Interest Company (CIC). Its purpose is to provide benefits and support to its Immigration Industry members and the wider migrant and expat community around the world.
The IIA is a forum for the immigration community to come together to network, share ideas, information, research and experiences.
The Core Objectives of the IIA are to:
- Link the Immigration Industry, bring the immigration industry and community together
- Facilitate introductions to increase our members’ referral business and partners
- Provide a supportive forum for individuals, companies, non profits and government bodies within the Immigration Industry
- Offer a duty of care to our members’ clients/candidates/customers
- Provide a platform for our members to get their message out
- Facilitate training, education and career development opportunities for the Immigration Industry (Network whilst you learn)
- Provide industry led research that assists members in achieving long-term strategic goals
- Opportunities for members to expand into new business areas and markets
- Networking opportunities for members by way of events, seminars, webinars, annual conference and trade missions to other jurisdictions
- Provide confidence to members’ clients through the Immigration Industry Code of Practice and Quality Assurance Practices
- Membership directory where other members and prospects can find out about member services
- Member only offers
IIA Investor and HNW Niche Networking Event
FREE EVENT – IIA MEMBERS ONLY
Discussion and Presentation on the US Investor/Entrepreneur options for your clients and we will hear from the IIA Chairman, who will provide an IIA update.
Join your fellow IIA members at the first IIA Investor Niche networking event for 2018!
Wednesday 31st January 6pm – 8pm
B&A Immigration – US Immigration Law Firm
If you would like to join us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board and Management Team of the IIA
Chris has been involved in the Migration Industry for the past 11 years in numerous roles. These have ranged from Education Assessments, through to the invention of specific Insurance Products for Visa Holders and Expats from around the world.
As an innovator in the industry, Chris has been a guest speaker at many international events specialising in the subject of global education and mobilisation.
Chris was the developer and founder of the Immigration Industry Association.
Paula is a UK and Australian qualified lawyer, Australian Registered Migration Agent and New Zealand licensed Immigration Advisor. Paula provides specialty services to clients throughout the world, from individuals to large commercial corporations, on all facets of commercial and migration advice. Paula is a co-founder of the Immigration Industry Association. Her focus in the association is on best practices, investment migration, and health and well being in the industry.
Paula is currently based in London but works across Europe and the Middle east.
Bruce is an experienced International Training and Skills Assessment specialist, and has operated in over 30 countries in the Engineering, Construction and Business professions. A Director and Board Member of several Australian and International Companies and Registered Training Organizations, and dedicated to quality and compliant outcomes for industry organizations, education, immigration, clients and all stakeholders.
Bruce has a passion for bringing solutions, quality, compliance and professionalism to the industry. Bruce has many years of International experience in Asia, Africa, China, Europe, UK/IRE, Australia and New Zealand, with a large network of International contacts in the Immigration and Education industries and brings that wealth of experience and knowledge into the Immigration Industry Association.
Senior sales leader with a proven track record of strategic development within a variety of international corporate partnerships with a reputation for excellence, professionalism and achieving high-quality results in challenging situations; contributes positively and effectively at all levels including functional, business leadership and corporate levels; combines strategic understanding of organisations with a comprehensive skill set making him a highly effective business partner.
A renowned public speaker, having spoken at international conferences around the world, including the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Finland, Germany, Italy, Canada and Russia, as well as the United Kingdom.
Geraldine Collett is the General Manager of the Immigration Industry Association. Geraldine reports to IIA Broad and is responsible for the growth of the membership, maintaining the relationships with members and the day to day running of the IIA.
Geraldine is a New Zealander who has been living in London for over 22 years and has worked within the Immigration industry for all of that time. Starting with 12 years at Immigration New Zealand, London Branch at the New Zealand High Commission. Geraldine then moved onto Migrant Banking for ANZ Bank, Westpac Bank and then moved into Migration Insurance with Migration Cover.
Having worked in Business Development and Relationship Management roles in this industry, Geraldine has a great contact base and is extremely well connected within the Immigration industry. She is passionate about her role at the IIA and has a lot to offer the Immigration Industry. The Immigration industry is in her blood!
How Did the IIA Come About? Collaboration and Discussion
After many years of working in the Immigration Industry, the Founders of the Association often asked themselves, ‘why was there no association or accreditation for the worldwide Immigration Industry?’ A conversation started happening between practitioners and service providers about the benefit to everyone that such an organisation could provide. This continued, developed and then the IIA was formed.
There are common issues faced by practitioners, service providers, and potential migrants; such as ever-changing immigration legislation, a turbulent global market with acute fluctuations in currency and availability of jobs, lack of support and access to resources in the immigration profession, to name just a few.
At the same time, immigration is a significant and life changing event for our clients and so the need for best practice and quality assurance are of paramount importance. We believe the way to ensure optimal services are consistently delivered is to support and develop the people that move these mountains for clients daily.
The Vision for the IIA is to bring the global immigration, expat and international student industry together to network, collaborate, learn and to promote high quality standards amongst its membership.
We will achieve a cohesive, collaborative and collegiate community of immigration industry professionals who are supported by the IIA to ensure the best possible outcomes for their clients and their businesses.
Our Guiding Principles
- To act with Integrity – with our clients and other Immigration professionals
- To be supportive of our Members and to listen to the issues they face in the industry and respond with solutions
- To promote Best Practice in the industry
- To foster an environment of collaboration between Immigration professionals across the globe
- To assist members with their lifelong learning and career development
- To share useful, current and accurate information with our members on issues pertinent to the Immigration Industry and community
Code of Practice
To be a member of the Immigration Industry Association you must read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the IIA’s Code of Practice.
Membership of the Immigration Industry Association may be terminated for breaches of the Code.